Thursday, January 20, 2011

Welcome Layna Aleese Jones!!

Welcome Layna Aleese Jones. Born at 9:18 AM, Jan 12th, 2011. Weighing 7 lbs and 1 oz. 19.5 in







We are so excited to finally meet Layna and officially announce her name to everyone! I wanted to use this post to tell how she came into the world and how we decided on her name. She is such a good baby and we think she looks just like Braelyn did.

So here is how it all happened....
Tuesday afternoon around 3:30 I thought I started feeling some contractions, about every 15 minutes, but wasn't sure. They weren't painful at all. So I called my Mom and told her to come on to Bristol because Aaron was already at work and would be at the hospital all night. As the evening continued they slowly became a little more obvious, but still not bad at all. In the midst of it all, it started snowing....a lot, and the roads were getting bad. My mom got stuck on the interstate behind a wreck and so I was starting to get a little nervous. I decided to call our friends from church and so she came over and stayed with Braelyn while her husband took me to the hospital around 10:30 pm. Thankfully they had four wheel drive.

Once I got to the hospital I felt much better. I still wasn't having painful contractions, but was having some every 7 or 8 minutes. I decided to just hang out with Aaron in the call room instead of being admitted. I ended up just laying down in Aaron's call room bed and the contractions spread out some more, so I rested a little. Around 4:30 am I felt a little more intense contraction and they were every 10 min for about an hour, then they went to about 8 min apart and around 5:45 I had a really intense one and called Aaron (who was sleeping in another call room) and told him I thought we might need to check in. I was 5 cm dilated at that point.

So we got checked in to a room and they started getting me ready. My contractions were getting more intense and I went ahead and asked for an epidural. I was SO THANKFUL that I was able to get the epidural in a timely fashion. The nurse I had was SO GREAT, she made sure that the epidural guy came to our room first. He was supposed to go to start a scheduled c-section, but she said that they could wait and I needed it first since I was in labor! My epidural went so much better this time. He did a great job. I was just so thankful. It was only about an hour and a half later that I delivered. If the nurse had not insisted on doing me first, I would have delivered without an epidural! which I never want to experience :)

Around 8:15 am the Dr checked me and I was 8 cm dilated and he broke my water. Then about 9 am I started pushing and pushed about 8 times and then we were able to meet Miss Layna Aleese! This was my first time being able to feel anything while I was pushing. With Braelyn I was totally numb and felt NOTHING while I pushed. Overall, it was a great experience and delivery. It all went very smoothly.

Well, that was a longer post than I expected. But I wanted to document it all and share with everyone. I will post again and share how we decided on her name.

We are all doing well and getting adjusted to all the changes. Thankfully Aaron is at home this week and that is making the transition much easier. More later.....








2 comments:

Sarah said...

Love this post! Love you all :)

KJ and Michelle said...

Loved reading your birth story. Glad mommy and baby came through okay.