Thursday, January 22, 2009

A little something to think about...

Hello everyone, well another one of my goals is to use this blog for more than just picture posting. I would like to also include random things that God brings along my path, whether it's quotes, verses, or sermons or whatever! And then share those things with you all in hopes that God will use them to encourage or challenge you in your daily walk with Him. So......first of all, I have been wanting to share a quote that I heard from one of Aaron's dad's sermons on redeeming your time. I have a copy of it on DVD, so if anyone would like to borrow it, just ask. You can also hear or watch a lot of his other sermons on their church's website. www.fbcpowell.org I think that is the link. Another one of our favorite preachers is John Piper and he has his own website called Desiring God. His website is our home page and there are always great things to read on it that change from day to day. You should check it out. www.desiringgod.org

So, first of all, the quote that I am a big fan of is.....

"There is enough time in everyday to do gracefully everything God wants you to do."
- Adrian Rogers

And I feel like God gave me a verse that goes along with this quote:
"And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that ALWAYS having ALL SUFFICIENCY in EVERYTHING, you may have an abundance for every good work." 2 Corinthians 9:8

Isn't that so GREAT?! What an amazing promise from God. I am going to try and memorize this verse. Oh and the other thing I just read and wanted to pass along comes from John Piper's website. I copied this from the website, so I hope it works when you click on it. Let me know what you think about it. Have a good rest of the week.

This Week's Taste & See

January 21, 2009
What does the USAir crash have to do with the inauguration?

No comments: