Saturday, January 10, 2009

Our sweet Braelyn Evangelee



So, I'm learning how to upload videos :), which means that hopefully there will be more videos to come! While I'm waiting for the video to upload I will update everyone on the Jones'. Lets see..... Aaron finished his first week back in rotations. He is doing orthopedic surgery this month. He thinks it is really interesting, but is certain that he does not want to be an orthopedic surgeon. I enjoyed my first week as a "stay at home" mom it feels like. We have been traveling so much since Braelyn was, born that I have yet to establish or learn what it's like to just be at home with her. Don't get me wrong, I am thankful that we were able to go to TN for a month and then be with family through the holidays, but it is also nice to get back into our own routine. One of my goals is to plan out meals for the week and try new recipes. I enjoy having good food to eat around the house and healthy too. I find it a lot more enjoyable to plan the whole week and shop all at once. Braelyn started herself on a new routine yesterday. She went from 6 feedings to 5 feedings and she went to bed at about 7 PM, woke up to eat at 9:30 PM and then slept until 8:00 AM this morning!!! Woohoo! I did have to get up twice to put her pacifier back in, but she went back to sleep both times. This is the latest she has slept in the morning and it was the earliest "late feeding " I had given her. So Aaron and I went to bed at 10:30 last night! And we were both very excited about it. I'm not sure what she will do tonight....I'm still not sure what her "bedtime" is. But I'm learning not to stress about it all and just pray for wisdom each day. Something God showed me the other day while I was reading something........it was talking about trusting God and God brought the verses in James to my mind about asking for wisdom and BELIEVING that God will give it to you....not doubting after you ask Him. And God just gave me a new confidence in trusting that He WILL give us wisdom about all these details of caring for and raising Braelyn. And I was convicted about praying for this wisdom and then not really expecting or recognizing that God was giving it. It's not always super clear, but I am learning to trust Him more. So...this video upload takes a long time apparently :) We made some progress on getting our house ready to sell today. We painted the front & back door and garage door. We are planning on cleaning our carpets on Mon & Tues. We are really excited to have family coming to visit us this weekend. Aaron's parents, Laura and Caryss & Gavin, and Sarah and Martin are coming too. Maybe even Daniel and Joanna, and possibly Clint! It will be a family reunion at the Jones' in Virginia!! I always enjoy having our families come and visit. Well, enough rambling for now. I plan on posting some more pics soon. Hope you all have a good weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sonya! You must be having so much fun with all those smiles and cuteness! I can't wait for smiles like that! She is just perfect. love her!

Mercer Family said...

She is such a doll! I just feel so bad that she had to smell that in her face! Just kidding! That was a very sweet video and you can tell that she loves her daddy so much! She is getting so big and she is just beautiful!