Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Praising the Lord


Here are some pics from about a month ago, yes, I am behind. we had a pretty eventful april. we had a wonderful outing to the knoxville zoo with my friend steph and her little girl addie. they are about the same age. thanks steph for such a great day of mommy and friend time :) and i think braelyn really enjoyed it too. braelyn wasn't as interested in the animals as i thought she would be. i think a lot of them were just too far away. but she liked the petting zoo part a lot.




Notices how Braelyn goes from brushing the goat's hair to her own hair :)) She loved it! And Addie decided to give it a try too.


Just wanted to share a praise. I just got done leading my first class of the summer for 8/9 year old kids at church!! :) I LOVE THOSE KIDS!! I love most kids, but that age is such a great age I think. We had 8 kids, 4 boys and 4 girls. they did a great job. i know they learned some things and they had fun too. it feels so good to have one under my belt now. I have been working hard getting the room ready. I think I have been there every day this week! But it feels so good to have something to prepare for. it also motivates me in spending time with the Lord each day, bc I know I can do nothing apart from Him. I just thank the Lord over and over for opening up this opportunity. And aaron is helping me too. It was a good night. I think I was smiling most of the way home.

Braelyn has developed her first obsession....."Praise Baby DVD". Yes, she asks for it as soon as we come downstairs in the morning and pretty much anytime she is in the living room. it was a great babysitter the other night when we went to a friend's house for dinner. we put the dvd in, and just like that....we had ourselves about 30 minutes of kid-free eating and conversation :) she is cutting some more teeth. the other day i walked in her room and she was sitting up in the rocking chair......just listening to her music and staring around the room :)) I thought I was sneaking in on her reading her books and I was looking in the floor for her, and couldn't find her and then realized she was up in the chair. i'm surprised this is the first time she has done it. she is climbing up in the kitchen chairs all the time now.
have a good rest of the week.

4 comments:

Matt and Jenny Mitchell said...

Sonya! She has gotten so big. It is amazing how much a little time changes such a little girl. It sounds like she has brought so much joy to your lives.

Sarah said...

I'm thankful last night went well! Been praying for you. And Desiring God kids is great I've heard. SO purposeful. Love you guys!

Unknown said...

Love the pictures! Addie loves her "praise baby" dvd also. We've had to get a second one...they work great on long car rides too!

Sara and Wade said...

Great to hear about the class that you're leading! That sounds like a lot of fun and a nice change from the norm too:) Avery absolutely LOVES her Praise Baby dvds. We have the one with the hippo on it and the one with the blue bird. I don't know what I'd do without them sometimes:) That's so cute about B sitting in her chair too! What a big girl!!