Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Pictures from Easter

We had a great Easter in middle TN celebrating with my Granny & Pop and all our Hasty family there. We also got to see Daniel and Joanna on our way in, which was really nice.



Playing peek-a-boo..........where's Braelyn??
There she is!!!!
Birthday boy, Jackson (3 years old) and his brother Colton
What a beautiful Easter morning!!
Mattie and Braelyn

ooooooooh! What a pretty yellow leaf :)



The Byrd boys....Colton, Jackson, and Hayden Too cute
All the grandkids on the Hasty side
The Jones'

First easter egg hunt. She wasn't really competitive...she just wanted to examine each one after she found it for a while




I am really excited about a couple of things.....one, I got to plant some flowers on Sunday, actually quite a few, in pots and baskets. and most of the time, i was all by myself in the yard, just enjoying the beautiful day without any interruptions. it was so nice to spend so much time on one task and feel like i actually accomplished something :)))) and now I get to smile and enjoy them every day when I look at them. Our God is SO creative (wish i could think of a more brilliant word), when you look at all the flowers, all the details in each one, all the different kinds. I praise Him and thank Him for allowing me the privilege to enjoy them each day.

secondly, I am really excited about teaching a children's class at my church this summer, ages 8-9 year olds. we are using Desiring God's children curriculum, which I have never done before, but am really excited about. I have been wanting to be more involved at church and God has answered my prayer :) We start next wednesday night. Please pray for me and the children. That God will be glorified and hearts will come to love Him and treasure Him.

For me.....God brought to my mind yesterday the word "surrender".......i was reading in the power of a praying woman....GREAT book, and she was just talking about how we must surrender EVERY part of our lives in order to be fully used by God and to experience what God has for us in the fullest. I struggle with this bc I like to be in control and I think I know what I want and what is best for me---WRONG! I have to let go of what I "think" I want....and what I "think" will make me happy. Surrendering my life daily to the Lord and TRUSTING Him to provide and reveal His plan day by day is where I can find true joy. Many times I am so ashamed of how little I trust Him. I think I trust Him a lot, but then when I look at my actions and my attitudes and my thoughts....I just have to pray "Lord help my unbelief and help me trust you more."
"For I am crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, then Christ died for nothing" Galatians 2:20-21
"If anyone would come after me(Jesus), he must DENY himself and take up his cross DAILY and follow me. For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will save it." Luke 9;23
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Lean not on your own understanding. Acknowledge Him in all your ways and He will direct your path." Proverbs 3: 5-6

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, that was an amazing insite... thanks for sharing it with us. I needed it. we all know how controlling I am over everything.
Megan Galan