Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Watch Out Here Come the Jones'


The "VCOM Dream Team"
We were named after the greatest athletic team ever assembled the 1992 USA olympic team. I was Clyde the Glide Drexler and I hate to brag but I think I made ol' Clyde proud. Sonya was a last minute add so she had to wear another shirt but after much consideration she would have been wearing the name "Air Jordan" because she gave such a stellar preformance!






What excellent form!!!!

















Saturday July 29th my school, VCOM, hosted a basketball tournament for all the students, spouses and staff. The first years had 4 teams, the second years had 1 team and the teachers had one team. Well, you had to have a girl on the floor at all time and one of our girls on our team was sick, but never fear I had a secret weapon I like to call "The Sonya".

So Sonya showed up, and as you can see from the picture below she was not afraid to shoot, even though it was a guy's ball and she had hurt her knee in the 2nd of 5 games. She outscored me a few games and had a 3 in the staff/ student game that sparked a big run ( you can see I was awe-struck from her rain of threes). We ended up winning the whole tourney and accomplished something no team has ever accomplished, we beat the teachers but only by 4 ( they had payed the refs, and it was their 1st game and our 5th).
So we had a lot of fun and her knee is doing better. We were just excited to get to play on the same team. I wanted to dedicate this blog entry to my allstar!!!!

No comments: