Sunday, July 23, 2006

Answered prayers

Hello everyone, just wanted to share how God has been working and answering prayers in our lives this week. First, my neighbor, Brenda, who we have been inviting to church for over 6 months, came to church with us this morning for the first time! She has been active in church previously, but quit going for a long time. So, we just Praise the Lord that she was willing to go. Please pray that she will continue to have a desire to be involved in church and God's word.
Also, Aaron has had some good opportunities to encourage and befriend one of his fellow students who just recently became a Christian. He also came to church this morning. He is looking for a church home.
Also, we were discussing with our pastor last night about the need for a new sunday school class for our age group because there are so many new people coming in. And after talking about it, our pastor said that he had been praying about the same thing, and about Aaron and I leading it. So.........we are very excited about starting a new sunday school class in about a month that we will be able to invite other students from VCOM and other couples our age to come to! God just really worked it all out and confirmed it completely through all of us!
Also, our girls bible study at my house is progressing some and we have ordered a book to check out and see if that's what we want to use and there have been two more girls who want to come and be a part of it! It's been a slow process getting started, but I know it's all about God's timing and not mine.
Please just praise God for all of these answered prayers and encouraging things that are happening, and also pray that God would open up an outlet for me to be able to have a "Christian" influence at my school, whether it is by starting an FCA or something else. I'm not sure what I could do, but my heart is very heavy to be able to share Christ with all my kids. They need to hear it so bad, and I want to tell them. So please just pray God would work that out for this upcoming school year. THanks so much!!

No comments: