Sunday, August 13, 2006

Hooray Hooray, 1 down, 3 to go

We are celebrating Aaron completing his first year of medical school!! 1 year down, 3 to go until graduation, then 3 years of residency. But he gets paid in residency :). We give God ALL the glory and praise for providing for all our needs this year and teaching Aaron all he needs to know to be a good doctor. So now Aaron has 3 weeks off to celebrate and relax before he starts again. He is now officiall a "second year" student. It's really exciting for us. Around here med students are referred mainly by there year.
So we had a great weekend hanging out with my sister and brother-in-law and nephew! i will add pictures soon. Colton entertained us mostly. My sister and I enjoyed bargain shopping at the Goodwill store. It is the BEST!! If you like to bargain shop, and don't mind spending some extra time rummaging through things, you can find some GREAT deals!!
Aaron is getting ready to head back to TN.....without me :(. But it's ok, he deserves it. And he's going to have some great opportunities to shadow some Dr's in Knoxville everyday. Meanwhile, I will be in VA with my mom who is coming to stay with me while Aaron is gone.
Next Sat. we are heading to NC to see my best friend, Alicia, and her husband Eric. I am soooo excited that we are going to finally get to see them!! THEN...on Sunday we are driving on to the beach, Myrtle Beach!!! God provided a GREAT deal on a condo place for us to go and relax a few days. We plan on being back home Thursday.
This week is my last week of our "summer program" at school. WHEW!! it's been a long 8 weeks! i am ready for a break. But i thank God so much for my job. He has really opened up some amazing opportunities for me to share Him and witness. He teaches me a lot through my job. ok, time to get ready for bed. hope everyone has a great week. and please continue to pray for Aaron's grandmother, she is still in the hospital and not doing well. and please pray for my dad's back, his ruptured disk. he is still having a lot of problems. thanks

No comments: