Monday, February 06, 2006

Update- Lots of News!

Hello everyone! We have lots of praises to share and lots of pictures also. Unfortunately, our computer is not wanting to cooperate with our camera and the pics are not downloading. So...keep checking, I have lots to add. Our first praise is that I have a job!!!!!! A full-time job in my field!! Today was actually my first day, but all I did was watch orientation videos and read through manuals and notebooks. I will be a third grade counselor in Giles County. I'm actually working for Family Preservation Services, which is a private agency that works with the school. I will have between 3 - 6 kids usually, but I'm just starting out with 2. I actually go to the school on Wed. to start observing and then I will be in my classroom on Friday!!!! WOW! I'm a little nervouse, please pray for me! I'm excited to see what God has planned for me in this job.
More good news and an answered prayer is that we have raised all $6,000 dollars for our Kenya trip, thanks to God providing lots of "cheerful givers". We are very excited about this opportunity to go and share the Good News and also provide medical care (Aaron, not me :)).
Aaron is doing well in school, but is looking forward to a break. Please pray that God would prepare us for this mission trip. Well, I think I'm going to head to bed now. I'm quite frustrated that I couldn't download pics of my cute nephews and niece, and our super bowl pary!! hopefully soon! Goodnight!

No comments: