Sunday, March 04, 2012

Progress

My Pretty Ballerinas!



Just wanted to give an update on how things are going around here at the Jones household. We are thankful that everyone seems to be healthy now. We had a long month of sickness that was quite exhausting for everyone, but the Lord was good to see us through it.
Layna has been quite the fussy girl lately and we are hoping that she is just teething and this is a phase that will pass soon. You know it's bad when her older sister is pleading with her to "be quiet and stop crying!" I struggle with patience. I know the Lord is trying to teach me how to turn my cares over to Him and not be so frustrated. Anyway....she is learning to feed herself with a spoon really well. I think she is very coordinated for her age. She tries to talk some. She can definitely communicate when she doesn't like something :).
Braelyn is very entertaining these days....well, most all time. She encourages my heart when she is kind to Layna and tries to cheer her up. She is a very loving big sister....most of the time. We have a few bible verses we are working on memorizing. I love to hear her say them. She really LOVES to sing and dance. Almost anytime we are in the car she is requesting specific songs on the CDs we have. She likes to do things by herself, which is fine with me most of the time.
Aaron is finishing up his last few months of residency. I am so thankful for him. He works so hard to take care of his family and he is such a GOOD daddy! And a wonderful husband as well! I am looking forward to being able to see him care for patients at the mission hospital. To see him at work :) Sometimes it is hard for me to understand what his day is like as a doctor because I have only seen him "doctoring" one time. That was when we went on a medical mission trip to Kenya in medical school and it was so amazing to watch him care for those people. I am very, very proud of him and give the Lord all the glory for the wonderful doctor he has become.
As for me......I stay busy taking care of the girls and trying to keep our house in some type of order :). I haven't been able to do the precepts bible study this session and I have missed it a lot. I am starting to clean out drawers and closets bit by bit. Trying to pull out all the stuff I can haul off to our local thrift store. We are trying to make decisions on everything, whether to get rid of it, store it, sell it, or take it with us!Lots of decisions to be made. I was excited to send a corner shelf back to my mom's house the other day with her. Felt like a step in the right direction :). If you think of us, a good prayer we always need is for WISDOM from God in all the decisions we have to make.

Some good news is that we finally got all our paperwork and pictures put together for our passports! We sent it all off in the mail this past Friday!! Another step in the right direction :)

And I wanted to let everyone know that we added a little feature to our blog so that you can follow us through your email. Just type your email into the box in the upper right corner of our blog and then you will receive an email each time we add a new post. We really appreciate those of you who are keeping up with us and supporting us through your prayers and encouraging words. They really do mean SO MUCH to us.

Feel free to leave questions for us in the comment box if you have any or feel free to email us. I am working on compiling a list of emails for people who want to get email updates from us.

On a random note.....Braelyn just came downstairs and said "William Carey", so of course I started asking her who that was....she proceeded to tell us that he went to "India" and he was a "missionary"! she got a little confused at times and said he got swallowed by a huge fish :) but overall, we were VERY encouraged to hear that she learned about a missionary at church this morning! although when asked if she wanted to be a missionary she replied, "No, I don't think so, I just want to be a friend."

4 comments:

Grace said...

Neat to hear, Sonya! Praying for you guys on such a regular basis! :) Hope to see you in a week while I'm home for spring break!

KJ and Michelle said...

Isn't it the sweetest thing when they start interacting and playing together? Your girls are too cute!

Sarah said...

Love the William Carey story! So sweet. Thanks for the pics too. Miss you all. Love you and praying for you!

Sarah said...

Also, your blog looks AWESOME!