Sunday, March 18, 2012

March Madness!

Being silly!
Knee pads and tutus....that's how we roll in the Jones house :)

Braelyn (aka "Supergirl") and Daddy rockin' out to some live music!

Thanks Mamaw for the cute dresses!


It wouldn't be March without a blog post of "March Madness!" Aaron and I noticed while looking back through the blog that each year we had a March Madness post, so now it has become a tradition :). My spotlight this year will be the last few days of which I have been working like a crazy woman trying to organize, sort, pack, and clean!! All in preparation for moving at the end of June and ultimately moving to Kenya at the end of August. Aaron's mom took the girls for a few days and the madness began :). In a good way.
I was happy to be able to pack up a whole van load of the girls' clothes (sizes not being worn), Christmas stuff, baby gear, and other random things. I felt like PROGRESS had occurred! Woohoo! Then Saturday I spent the whole day trying to CLEAN. I mean really clean. Unfortunately I did not achieve all my goals, but the house looked much better and my kitchen is the cleanest it has been in over a year!

We got another round of support letters sent out. Still have another round or two to go, but that's progress! I wanted to share a little bit about ways to support us and some benefits of supporting us as "monthly supporters" versus giving a one time donation. Of course, we are grateful and appreciate all gifts, but some of our friends have asked us if we prefer a monthly donation or a one time gift, or some other way. So, there are a few people who have already committed to become "monthly supporters" and each month when we get an update of donations/donors those people's names are always on there. And it GREATLY ENCOURAGES MY HEART to see those people's names and to know that they care so much about us and the ministry that God has called us to. It just gives a tremendous feeling of PARTNERSHIP and fellowship which blesses my heart. I feel like we are not going alone. It is a monthly reminder of God's faithfulness through YOUR giving. So, if you are debating about one or the other, I encourage you to become a monthly supporter and PARTNER with us. Another friend of mine has offered to supply us with things we need AFTER we get there, and this is encouraging as well. I am hoping to create a prayer team of people who will commit to praying for us on certain days of the week. I know that PRAYER is POWERFUL! And we want God to use us in a powerful way for HIS GLORY, so we are making prayer a priority, even now. Please don't underestimate how God might want to use YOU to make a difference in this ministry and these people that we are going to be serving. And if you are praying for us, please feel free to share that with us because it is SO ENCOURAGING to know that people are praying. This is the Lord's plan, the Lord's ministry.....we are just following Him.
Thanks for keeping up with us!

No comments: