Monday, December 14, 2009

Snow in Bristol

So, I was reading in a book by John Piper called "Seeing and Savoring Jesus Christ"and I wanted to share some of it. This was at the end of a chapter and part of the ending prayer. I just thought it was SO GOOD.

" Satisfy us in the morning with your steadfast love that we may rejoice and be glad in you. Waken our slumbering souls from the sleep of listlessness. Take away the lukewarmness of our hearts. Fan the flame of zeal for the glory of Your name. May Christ so dwell in our hearts with his indestructible joy that day by day we are conformed more and more to His glad image. And so may we be a place of refuge and eternal refreshment for a hopeless, joy-seeking world of people who do not know they are starved for the glory of the gladness of God in Jesus Christ."


This dress was Caryss' and it looks so cute on Braelyn. Thanks Laura for sharing all her clothes! We really enjoy them. And it always makes us think of you guys :)
Our first snow in Bristol. It was such a beautiful snow and fun day. I was so thankful we were all at home together and could get outside and play. Braelyn had a lot of fun just walking around...trying to walk around I should say. But she definitely liked it.


I think Braelyn actually looks like me in this picture. When I first saw it, it was the first time I had been able to see myself in her. We got her a little doggy ornament for Christmas and she likes to walk around with it.

1 comment:

Sara and Wade said...

What a great prayer - I love it! The pictures are great too! Braelyn is a doll:)