Saturday, December 14, 2013

Welcome home baby Micah!








We are very excited and thankful for a safe and healthy delivery of our baby boy, Micah Aaron Jones!

Born on December 2nd, 2013 at 7:04 pm. He weighed 7 lb 10oz and was 20 and 1/4 inches long.
 
Monday morning I had an appt with my OB doctor and he had told me the week before that I should pack my bags for this appt in case I was close enough to head to the hospital. I was 4 cm dilated and having some random contractions, but nothing major. My doctor said I was very favorable to be induced. I was kind of hoping to let it happen more naturally, but I was also very ready to meet him and it was just good timing. So we headed over to the hospital about 11:00 am, they hooked me up to everything and we waited for the doctor to come and break my water. I as SO, SO thankful the entire time I was in the hospital to be in such a nice place with such great medical care. After being in Kenya and seeing how so many other women go through childbirth, it just really made me so grateful. The doctor came about 1:00 pm and broke my water and then they started me on some potocin. I also went ahead and got an epidural soon after this. This was definitely the smoothest labor and delivery I have ever experienced. At 4:30 I was about 6 cm dilated and they increased my poticin. At 6:30 pm we asked the nurse to check me and she said I was fully dilated and ready to push! After they got the doctor and got everything set up, I pushed just a few times and he was out!!
It was so sweet how the Lord works out even the small details…….I was hoping to have Dr. Broady deliver me and Monday was his on call day. Then one of our good friends is a nurse there and she came in a little early for her shift and helped us deliver. It was a really laid back atmosphere and felt good to have a friend there too.

 


The first thing I noticed about him was how big his hands were! All the nurses kept going on and on about how perfectly round his head was. Daddy checked to make sure that he was really a BOY! And indeed, he was. 

 
Micah has been such a good baby. We really are so thankful for this precious gift from the Lord. I got an email just yesterday from my friend in Kapsowar and she told me that Micah’s birth brought blessings to our house helper, Eunice. We have been praying that the Lord would help her chickens produce eggs so that she can have more income to take care of her family. They were suppose to start producing in October, but it had not happened yet. On the day Micah was born, Eunice collected her first FIVE eggs!! We are so excited for these eggs and will continue to pray that more and more produce. We were able to send her more money to buy more feed for them and to deworm them. Thank you to all of you who have prayed for this ministry and please continue to pray.
Thank you also to all of you who have prayed for me throughout my pregnancy and delivery. I felt your prayers and the Lord has provided and taken care of us through it all.









No comments: