Sunday, October 13, 2013

Working on getting settled in Knoxville, TN

 A few fun pics from Kapsowar :)



Greetings everyone! We have been back in the US for almost two months now. I apologize for the delay in sending out an update. Life has been a bit crazy since we got back. We praise God for a smooth trip back to TN and for good health while we were traveling. The girls did great and we were so thankful Aaron’s mom was able to travel back with us. She was so helpful. It was sad to leave Kapsowar, but after much prayer, we knew it was time for us to leave.
I think our first adjustment once we got back was getting use to the hot and humid summer weather here in East TN. We really enjoyed staying at my (Sonya’s) mom’s house for the first week we were back. It was a nice time to be with family and get our sleeping schedules back on track. And of course, not having to cook was extremely nice for me.
Overall, I feel like we have adjusted pretty well to life here again. We have been very busy trying to get “life” figured out here. First we needed cell phones and vehicles to drive. Thankfully, we are able to live in a mission house during this transition time. The Lord helped us find a car fairly quickly, and then just last week we were able to find a good deal on a minivan. I am very thankful for Aaron who has spent so much time searching online and making phone calls. Also we are thankful for our families who have both let us borrow vehicles while we searched for our own.
Next on the list is a job for Aaron and to find a home. Aaron has been very blessed to have several interviews. He has been interviewing at different places for about 7 weeks. We are hoping that he will be able to make a decision in the next week or two. Please pray for him to have wisdom in that. As of today, I am 33 weeks pregnant. So we have 7 weeks before “baby brother” arrives! My due date is Dec 1st. Once Aaron decides on a job, then we will start looking for a house in that area. We do plan on staying here in the Knoxville area for now.
We have also stayed busied with doctor’s appointments for myself and for our girls. I have been able to see a thyroid doctor, which has been really helpful. He is decreasing my medicine and watching my levels carefully. I am feeling good in general and I am thankful for that. I have also had two ultrasounds since we’ve been back and baby boy looks great! Praise God! For those of you who don’t know……we thought we were having a girl until our first ultrasound back here in the states and at that point we were told we were having a BOY! It was quite exciting and surprising.
I know this is just a short update…..but it is a start. We thank God for all of you who have followed us on this journey and those of you who continue to pray for our family. We really appreciate it.

This is a picture of Eunice with her baby chicks. I was able to take some pics of her chicken coop that you all helped build for her and her family before we left. They should start producing eggs in mid October....so please pray that they are healthy and the Lord uses this business to help provide for her family's needs. I will post the other pics another time.....

No comments: