Friday, January 27, 2012

Power of the gospel

Our associate pastor at church posted this video to facebook and I just wanted to share it with you all. It really blessed my heart and encourages my heart to see new believers in places where the gospel had not been heard come to know Jesus Christ as their Savior and Lord. In this man's testimony you can really see how God has revealed the truth of the gospel to him and how it has impacted his life and thinking. They are in Papua New Guinea.



I can't help but look around us here in America, at all the people who claim to be Christians, but yet Christ has no place in their lives....He has no impact on their thinking......they have no testimony of the redemption and transformation that God has given them in His Son. This saddens my heart for many reasons. Maybe some are Christians but have never grown in their walk with the Lord. Maybe they are deceived into thinking they are Christians for all the wrong reasons because they have never seen or truly understood the gospel. I heard someone say that being a Christian is not just about a decision, but a DESIRE. If we are Christians, our hearts desires should be His desires. I pray that we, who do know Christ, who have experienced His power and His salvation, would live in such a way that people around us would have no question about WHOSE we are......

19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? 20 For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's. (1 Corinthians 6:19)

And that by doing so, maybe those who have never grown in their walks, or have never truly known Him would see what it looks like to live surrendered to the Lord and walk in His truth. Sometimes people don't know that there is more to the Christian life than going to church and "being good" because they have never been taught the truth of the His word and understood who He really is and the intimate relationship He desires with us. THAT is AMAZING, that He desires to have a relationship with US.
I say all these things because I have been in the place of not understanding and knowing that there is SO MUCH MORE to our "being a Christian" and I praise God for revealing to me through His word, His Holy Spirit,through pastors, friends and even the places that God has allowed me to live in. I really didn't plan on posting all this. And I don't claim to have all the answers or be a perfect Christian.....really there is no such thing. I struggle to live and walk by His Spirit daily, but I know without a doubt that my heart belongs to Him and I want my life to glorify Him as much as possible because that's all that really matters here on earth. Living for Him.....longing to bring Him glory in all things.
May God continue to reveal to each one of us more of Himself and more of His word so that we may love Him more.

No comments: