Friday, March 25, 2011

Finishing up from February

A shot of my long, "Layna girl" all stretched out. Braelyn has started calling her "Layna girl"

Well, my mind has a hard time remembering too much about February, even though it wasn't that long ago :). I do know that I had to have my first, and hopefully last ever, root canal. It was not a pleasant experience for me. And I am still trying to get my permanent crown for the tooth to fit right. God is teaching me how to try and have a good attitude about these kinds of things that you don't enjoy doing and are frustrating, but you just have to do anyway. I have to try to remind myself that every single thing, big or little, that happens to me is what God deems "BEST". Even a root canal. I have to believe that this is what is best for me to be experiencing right now and trust that God has a purpose in it. So that is what God is teaching me right now. And I have been convicted lately about my lazy prayer life. There are so many needs in our families and friends and church and I am not asking God to do much about any of it. It is just a matter of getting my thoughts off of myself and thinking of others and how God wants to be glorified in those situations. I wonder why things aren't changing and then I remember that maybe it's because I'm not asking. That is just what I've been thinking about lately....... here are some pictures to enjoy.

Layna is starting to smile and respond a lot more to us. I love it when they start smiling. It makes the lack of sleep seem more worth while :)
Here is Layna on our first trip to church. She did really well. I had to leave the service to go feed her, but I figured that would happen. Looks like she is waving to the camera. I tried putting a bow on her head, but I think she must have a big head, bc it was too tight on her head. Oh well...

Just catching another smile......

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Funny, God's been teaching me the same things :) Love all the updates, as usual! Love you!