Saturday, February 27, 2010

Pics from February


So, this blog covers all of February. First of all, I wanted to show Sarah how cute Braelyn looked in her outfit that she got her. Everyone at church just went on and on about it. And as you can tell, I think Braelyn liked wearing it too :)


Next, we have the one and only 1st place winner of the Chili cook-off at our church about a week ago. There were 16 chilis entered and Aaron won!!! I was shocked, mainly bc he just threw it together about an hour before we went and had never made it before. But apparently it turned out GREAT....people are now asking for the recipe. He even got a trophy!! And a $50 gift card to FATZ. Sounds like a date night to me.
And here is Braelyn modeling an outfit I put together and thought was pretty cute. The sweater is from Aunt Sarah (you got it a long time ago, when she was little) but it has little bunnies on it. And the dress part was Caryss'. Thanks for all the clothes, we really enjoy them.




We got to go visit my friend, Stephanie and her little girl, Addie. This was the best picture I had of them. Maybe we'll get a better one next time. It was fun to visit, even though Braelyn was a bit rude to her friend Addie and kept wanting to hit her :(.


Valentine's Day!!!! Thank you Dwight & Andrea (all the Disneys) for the cute dress. It was perfect for the occasion. Aaron got me the Glory Revealed 2 cd, which is really good. We made it a week long celebration bc we went to Knoxville for a few days and got to go to a movie and out to eat a few times while Aaron's mom watched Braelyn.






Braelyn has begun brushing her teeth now and she really likes doing it......BY HERSELF. She gets frustrated when I try to help her, but it must be done. One good thing is that I can clip her toenails and fingernails while she brushes her teeth....good distraction.
And this is a picture of her first ponytail. Her hair is getting really long, but she won't leave anything in it for any amount of time. Usually by the time we get to church or wherever we are going, she has pulled out the rubberbands. Oh well, maybe someday.
We are really looking forward to spring and ready to get out of the house!!!! Goodbye February, come on Spring!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

So many parts of this entry made me laugh! I love Braelyn's big smile with her eyes closed. I now have that face on my computer background to giggle at. Her outfits are so cute (if I do say so myself)! Share the recipe of the chili please - or can you remember what you put in it Aaron? I'm very impressed with that prize. WOW! And I love that she is brushing her teeth on her own. Such a big girl! Love you guys :)
Sarah

Sarah said...

Oh and another thing - Don't you LOVE the Glory Revealed 2 CD? I love when people put pure Scripture to music. I mean most of the songs are word for word!

Sara and Wade said...

Love that sweet ponytail! Great job to Aaron too for whipping up a chili recipe right before the contest and then winning! That's awesome. It looks like y'all are having a great time and I'm already looking forward to seeing you again this summer!

Jessi said...

Braelyn is SO stinkin' CUTE, Sonya! She is getting SO big..so fast!

Laney doesn't really let me do much with her hair either. I continue to hope that will change...there are SO many cute possibilities. :-)