Thursday, September 10, 2009

Countdown to the big ONE !!














Yes, believe it or not, Braelyn will be turning ONE next Friday!!! I still can't comprehend it, but I am looking forward to celebrating a GREAT first year full of precious memories and amazing blessings. She is so much fun. She has really started trying to talk a lot more lately. I can tell that sometimes she is really trying to repeat what I tell her.....for example she has tried to say "hairbrush", yellow, blue, ball. she CAN say "uh oh", ma ma, da da, and of course, she can bark like a dog. she is starting to understand phrases like "close the door". She loves the Itsy bitsy spider and patty cake. She still loves to sit and look at books and to empty my tupperware cabinet in the kitchen. She is also fascinated with the refrigerator and crawls as fast as she can every time she hears it open! Oh, and SHE HAS A TOOTH!! woohoo! yes, finally, it has arrived. She hasn't really tried taking any steps toward walking by herself yet, but that's fine with me. I know it will happen soon. She likes to walk with us holding her hands. Ok, well, that's a quick update on Braelyn. Aaron and I are doing well also. We are still looking for a church home. We have found a couple that we are interested in visiting more, but still aren't settled yet. I have found a womens bible study at a church down the street that meets once a week during the morning. We are doing a Kay Arthur Precepts study calling Knowing God's Covenant. I have never done a Kay Arthur study before, but I am excited and looking forward to the challenge. It is 11 weeks long, and the first meeting was really good last week. However, I am the only "young" lady there. I am still looking for some young Christian moms to hang out with and fellowship with. That is a prayer request for me. Aaron is enjoying his residency and is learning a lot. He actually delivered a baby ALL BY HIMSELF last week! The lady's doctor got stuck in traffic and the baby was coming out, so Aaron just stepped right up and delivered that baby like a pro. This usually NEVER happens. Ask him about it and he can give you the full story. We thank God for providing the knowledge and skill for him to be able to do that successfully. He is doing OB/GYN and Peds this month and will start MTS(medical teaching service) in Oct for 6 weeks, which is Internal Medicine. ok, I'm going to try and upload a few pics. Enjoy.

3 comments:

Jessi said...

Where did this year go?! I can't believe your little lady is ONE YEAR already! Braelyn just precious!

Glad to hear Residency is going so well for you guys...and that you're slowly, but surely getting involved in your community. MOPS has been a wonderful blessing to me since moving here...is there a local church who has a group? I will definitely be praying for you to find a group of 'younger', Godly women you can draw encouragement and support from.

Sara and Wade said...

A tooth!!!! Yay!!!:) Wow - Aaron delivered a baby by himself! That is awesome!:) It looks like Braelyn is having lots of fun and I hope you can meet some sweet younger women soon. I just joined a MOPS group at a church close to my house and it's been a good way to meet other stay at home moms. Maybe there is one in your area? Keep the blog updates coming!:)

Anonymous said...

I cant believe that it has been a year. I love to look at the pictures and catch up with you and the family. thanks for being so good about posting. I enjoy it.
megan galan